On May 12nd, Rold took part, as a company present in MIND, in the press conference for the presentation of the first Annual Report, together with Lendlease, Arexpo and all the other Partners and Minders.
Francesco Giorgino, historical announcer of TG1 Rai and professor at LUISS Guido Carli in Rome, moderated the speeches and indicated, right from the start, what are the key factors of MIND’s success and the values to which all Minders are inspired:
- partnership, in this case between public and private;
- being an ecosystem, a complex but inclusive and sustainable whole, in which the optimal balance between organizations and the reference context is achieved through sharing.
Taking the floor, Laura Rocchitelli recalled how Rold, since 2016, has expressed his interest in this project and has understood its potential. He then explained that, being closely tied to the territory in which we have been operating for sixty years, we immediately felt stimulated by being part of a place that embodies the values expressed by our organization, and in particular by R-Lab and Rold Academy, which today they are based in MIND: the sharing and contamination of knowledge, the encounter and exchange with realities that are also very different from ours, the passion.
Equally challenging are the strategic objectives that Rold has set itself for 2023:
- For R-Lab:
– the conception, design and prototyping of new concepts and technological systems to be applied in the domestic environment, to promote waste reduction (energy, food, water, etc.), the monitoring and reduction of microplastics, sustainability;
– the launch of new projects in the LifeScience field and in partnerships through consolidated realities (Bio4Dreams) and Start-Ups in the sector;
– the expansion of the Team to enhance skills and increase the fields of activity in terms of Applied Research and Innovation.
- For Rold Academy:
– promote the culture of sustainability in companies, through the creation of experiential and educational paths based on the UN SDGs;
– design and implement action plans for the application of best practices in the company for Sustainability and Digitization;
– expand the offer of catalog courses in favor of SMEs;
– consolidate the meeting between people and the contamination of ideas, the sharing of knowledge and support innovation and creativity.
The works were closed by Attilio Fontana, President of the Lombardy Region, who relaunched the attention of the Region and all the institutions to the development of the area and thanked all those present for what they are doing.